We are proud to offer Laser Therapy at our practice. This is a non- invasive modality that stimulates the animal to heal itself. It is not painful, and most animals find it enjoyable. It can be used for a variety of purposes with minimal side effects. Here are some of the benefits:
- Relieves Pain. The laser can be used after surgery to reduce pain associated with the surgical procedure, it can be used for painful conditions such as arthritis or hip dysplasia as well as soft tissue strains.
Laceration on Equine Limb
Treated with Laser Therapy
- Reduces Inflammation (swelling): A great way to bring down swelling by increasing circulation and promoting lymphatic flow.
- Helps with tissue repair and wound healing: The laser is a great way to stimulate wound healing. Many wounds will heal much faster when treated with the laser.
- Reduces Granulation Tissue: Particularly important with horse wounds, where excess “proud flesh” often occurs, the laser will decrease the excessive proud flesh allowing wounds to close faster.
- Improves circulation
- Improves nerve function
- Stimulates acupuncture trigger points
Common conditions that would benefit from laser therapy include:
- Skin conditions such as hot spots, ear infections, lick granulomas and burns
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: great for improving range of motion, reducing pain, and increasing quality of life consider laser therapy for the following musculoskeletal disorders:
- Cruciate Ligament Tears
- Tendon Injuries
- Hip Dysplasia, Elbow dysplasia
- Disc disease
- Degenerative Myelopathy
- Trauma and fracturs
- Degenerative Joint disease
- Neck and Back pain
- Muscle Weakness
- Oral Cavity disorders: Stomatitis, Dental disease
- Urinary Tract Disease such as Feline lower urinary tract disease